Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2005

i am a minister

I minister to the largest mission field in the world. I minister to children.

My calling is sure, my challenge is big, my vision is clear, my desire is strong, my influence is eternal, my impact is critical, my values are solid, my faith is tough, my mission is urgent, my purpose is unmistakable, my direction is forward, my heart is genuine, my strength is supernatural, my reward is promised and my God is real.

In a world of confusion I offer truth. In a world of immorality I offer values. In a world of neglect I offer attention. In a world of abuse I offer safety. In a world of rejection I offer acceptance. In a world of anger I offer peace. In a world of bitterness I offer forgiveness. In a world of sin I offer salvation. In a world of hate I offer God’s love.

I refuse to be discouraged or distracted. I will not look back, stand back, fall back, go back or sit back. I do not need applause or stature. I don’t have time for business as usual, small thinking, outdated methods, average results, petty disputes or small vision. I will not give up, give in, lie down, quit or surrender.

I will pray when things look bad. I will pray when things look good. I will move forward. I will trust God. I will get up when I fall down.

My calling is to reach boys and girls for God. It is too serious to be taken lightly, too urgent to be postponed, too relevant to be overlooked, too significant to be trivialized, too eternal to be fleeting, and too passionate to be quenched.

I know my mission. I know my challenge. And I know my God. Let others get the praise. Let the church get the blessing. Let God get the glory.

I am a minister. I minister to children.

– Roger Fields

(This is on my mousepad, a gift from my friend and the former children’s pastor at my church, Maralee Dawn of the TV program Maralee Dawn and Friends. Next to the reading is the picture of a little Malaysian boy, hands folded, eyes closed in prayer. )

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...