Pages

Monday, October 15, 2007

monday mural - prairie scenes

As we drove up and down the streets of the various towns and hamlets on our recent trip back 'home,' I was, as usual, attracted to the murals. They are all over!

The Saskatchewan town where my husband grew up, Blaine Lake, has some that weren't there the last time we visited.

This striking depiction of Blaine Lake in its grain elevator era is painted on the back of the arena. When I was taking the photo, being careful not to stray off the sidewalk, the lady who lived in the house directly behind me popped her head out her front door and in typical prairie-town fashion invited me to come onto her property to take a better picture. I did - and this is the result (thanks again!).



More Blaine Lake murals posted here.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...