Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

on usefulness

Photo: planters on a dock - Victoria B.C.
"If I say -- I wonder if I am of any use -- I instantly lose the bloom of the touch of the Lord. 'He that believeth in me, out of him shall flow rivers of living water.' If I examine the outflow, I lose the touch of the Lord.

Which are the people who have influenced us most? Not the ones who thought they did, but those who had not the remotest notion that they were influencing us. In the Christian life, the implicit is never conscious; if it is conscious it ceases to have this unaffected loveliness which is the characteristic of the touch of Jesus. We always know when Jesus is at work because He produces in the commonplace something that is inspiring."


- Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...