Finding these gifts is like being on a treasure hunt. It's amazing what you find when you thinking of looking behind doors, under leaves and into quiet moments. Here are the gifts I gathered this week.
13. The fresh-laundry smell of this wildflower that grows thick along the path we walk (I'm not sure of the name -- but it has a square stem so is probably a member of the mint family).
14. A good night's sleep that makes my body strong again and gives my thoughts and emotions the courage to stare down the discouragements of yesterday.
15. Family visitors — so easy, so relaxing, so filling.
16. The fragrance and beauty of lavender.
17. The optimism of a sunny morning and a cloudless sky.
18. Applications like Read it, Tweetdeck and Bloglines which help me sync my life across two computers.
19. The handsome look of our strata's freshly painted fences.
20. How Christians of different denominations can feel like family.
21. Immanuel - God with us.
22. The beautiful, outdated-but-mostly-unused Taschen Diary where I am collecting my gifts.
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.