Pages

Monday, November 01, 2010

winter boots (#141-147 of 1000 gifts)

Yesterday after church while hubby toddled off to the city to go to a football game with son, I took my walk and found myself wandering through the A&N to see if I could find anything in the way of a cozy walking boot. Even though it isn't dreadfully cold here most of the winter, I prefer lined boots to runners for winter walks. (I remember I wrote about finding boots last year. But I eventually had to give them away because they hurt my naughty arthritic toe when I walked any distance at all.)

I combed the boot section forward and back, tried on a pair that looked comfy, but they had about as much support as tennis shoes. So I left the boots and browsed the hats (lots of aeronautic helmets and nordic ones with cute braided ties - not my style, but I wish they were).

On my way out of the store I detoured past the boots again...so many nice styles, you'd think I could find one pair. Lord, if there is a pair of boots for me anywhere this winter, please show me, was my thought-prayer as I turned to leave. And there, right in front of me, was a table of women's lined leather walking boots that I hadn't seen before. They were the exact style of my two-years-expired beloved but leaky old boots. I found my size and they fit like a handshake. (Of course, the true test will be how they feel when I walk any distance. But the price was right - under $20).

This week's collection, on the way to assembling 1000 gifts:

141. - those winter boots.

142. A surprise invite from an out-of-town friend for hubby and me to join her and her husband at a theatre production of "The Skin of Our Teeth" at Trinity Western University. Very fun! (Thanks again, Joyce!).


143. My bathroom shower - so quick to warm up, so easy to adjust.

144. Flannel bedding.

145. Friends who send me recipes for Cranberry Relish. I just made some (the tops are sealing with satisfying POPS as I write this Sunday night).


146. A new month with a new challenge (no NaNoWriMo for me this year).

147. Colourful fall foliage everywhere I look. It's absolutely glorious!


**************
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here








holy experience

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...