Christmas is down. The house has sobered up. We're in the sunlight-starved month of January. I like this part of the year's cycle, made even richer by finding, and naming everyday gifts:
242. A cozy house on rain-dark mornings.
244. A floor fan that blows warm air over my feet when I'm at the kitchen sink.
245. Dense muffins with surprising bursts of cranberry.
246. A "yes" on a book review query.
247. Timing I wouldn't have chosen, so I rest on "The steps of a good (wo)man are ordered by the Lord and He delights in her way" Psalm 31:23.
248. The reminder to check on a friend.
249. The ease of visiting with friends from two cities back in our history.
250. Tidying my office — I wonder what treasures I'll uncover this week!
251. The paper shredder.
252. Slim file folders.
253. Waking with a song playing in my head.
256. The smell of baking bread.
257. A Sunday afternoon nap.
Ann's book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are is releasing in hardback soon. But you can get the Kindle version now!