"I thank You God for this most amazing day; for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes." - e.e. cumings
Here is my gratitude photo essay for the week that just was...
487. A wonderful Victoria Day with son, walking the False Creek paths and having ice-cream at Granville Market.
488. A bit of wayside encouragement.
489. Continuing rains and cool weather which means everything is very green and very lush.
490. A lone frog singing his froggy song.
491. Exquisite yellow wildflowers.
492. A lady passerby's peppery perfume.
493. Blossoms everywhere — these on a tree along our walk.
495. Pink freckles.
496. Currant blossoms from my own back yard. Look at the sassy red tips (anthers, I think they're called) on their stamens.
497. My own little flower garden with all the babies I put to bed on Saturday.
498. The perfect conjunction of some mail needing to go to my nephew Africa and someone to take it.
499. Yesterday a walk along the dyke at the Nico Wynd Golf Course.
Drum roll please — we're halfway to 1000!!!
500. The eagle nest is still there and obviously active with one of the parents standing guard.
501. Broom is in bloom. Can you find the bee?
502. Even grasses are beautiful.
503. A flotilla of five families!
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.