"Warm, eager, living life—to be rooted in life—to learn, to desire to know, to feel, to think, to act. That is what I want." - Katherine Mansfield
697. The miracle of new life—our new baby at eight hours old.
698. Little boys falling in love with their baby sister.
699. The imagination of kids. That is not a kiddy bath towel on Liam's head, but a Batman cape. He is looking down to watch how Batmanish it looks as its shadow waves out behind him as he swings. And on the other swing, little Davey is flying.
700. I took one walk beside the Thompson River while I was in Kamloops and enjoyed fall's loveliness in shape....
701. ...texture and line...
702. ... and color.
703. The rest of the time, I was run off my feet with the busy-ness of family—making meals, washing dishes, folding laundry, finding snacks, soothing a newborn... I loved every minute of it!
704. One day I took the boys out to the Little Farmers Petting Zoo (within walking distance of where they live). We hadn't brought any money to buy food for the goats but little Davey, who knows the drill, popped open the hatch of the food dispenser and found a few pellets someone else had left behind. The goats came right up to the fence and ate out of the kids' hands. Later we found some crabapples on the ground, gathered a few of those and had some more goat time.
705. We loved the exotic hens. "Take a picture, Granma!" (You don't have to ask me twice!)
706. Later in the week, son came up to meet his little niece. Take a look at this uncle love.
707. So enjoyed being with my daughter, the lovely mom, and her husband—who is a wonderful dad, shopper, baby changer, dishwasher, etc. Just wish I could have stayed longer, but duty beckons at home.
708. It was treat to have son ride back with me—as the driver no less! (I'm not a fan of long-distance driving.)
709. Hubby made it back from his Ottawa trip on Saturday too, safe, sound and full of his own adventures. We had a great debrief Saturday night.
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.