"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa
"Always be a little kinder than necessary" - James M. Barrie
Though the weather is cold, the last two weeks have been made warmer by kindness. It was a great treat to spend last Monday celebrating my brother and his wife's wedding anniversary. They treated us to dinner and coffee later (something's wrong with that picture!). When we went to visit uncle in the Abbotsford Menno Hospital, Auntie served us tea in her nearby assisted living suite. Kindness, tea or coffee, and food—what a great combination!
Here is my list of kindnesses, ultimately from our gracious Heavenly Father, collected over the last two weeks.
756. The beauty of green, growing on gnarled branches.
757. Our friend is making a recovery following his near-death experience. Thank You Lord!
758. A new, fun mural on the backside of McBurney's Coffee House in Langley, replacing the faded old buggy that was starting to show its age.
759. Last weekend's powerful church conference, with much to think about (and some new tunes to sing).
760. Hosting a billet and making a new friend.
761. A magical day in Vancouver with my bro and his wife. (This is the view outside the window of their hotel room where we had tea and played Phase 10 for several hours.)
762. Magenta berries—by the thousands.
763. Pounding surf.
764. Making the acquaintance of the charming Sylvia hotel and its once-upon-a-time mascot Got to Go. (These are the muscled arms of Virginia creeper. It covers the hotel's facade in summer.)
765. Cold beauty.
766. Having tea with a dear auntie.
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.