Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

lazy spring (882-890 of 1000 gifts)

"Nothing can be rushed. Things must grow, they must grow upward ..." - Paul Klee

The quote above is a perfect reminder for me to be patient for spring this year. It is taking its time. One nice thing about a cool spring, though, is that with the blossoms all in the fridge, so to speak, they last a long time.

Now where was I in counting my weekly list of gifts...

882. My novel is off my desk and in a queue for the editor at the publisher's Yaaay!

883. Mornings. The world always looks so much brighter in the morning.

884. The smell of freshly cut grass. Even though we've had an unseasonably cool March, the landscapers are busy around town and their work delivers the most wonderful smells of verdancy.

885. A fun time with a couple of brilliants (you'd never know that my niece is a Radiation Oncologist and her husband a Glaciologist working on his Ph.D.). Thanks for spending the day with a couple of old timers, you two!

Walking in the rain with Brita and Brad

886. An adult birthday party, complete with goody bags! (I can't remember the last time I got a goody bag.)

Happy Birthday Joe!

887. Finished writing my FellowScript column yesterday—another tick on the old to-do list!

888. We're loving the spring signs that we do see...the purples

Heather

889. ...and the pinks.

Pieris


890. I'm afraid I'm hooked on curling this week. Heather Nedohin (Team Canada from Alberta) rocks!

Standings after this morning's draw when Canada defeated Korea
***********

If  you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts,  please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts  on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on  how to join are here.



Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...