Saturday, February 09, 2013

snow that's a sign of spring

While the east is digging out from under their latest storm,  here on the west coast we're inching noticeably toward spring.

On our Thursday walk, I snapped these catkins.




When we got home, I checked my own garden for signs of life and sure enough... little bulblings are sneaking their snouts through the soil and pine needles.






Then yesterday I caught sight of the surest sign of spring yet—the first flowers. These snowdrops are so white my camera could hardly handle the glare.




I love it!!
Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Linda at teacherdance said...

Oh my goodness, spring really is on its way to you. The little snowdrops are gorgeous! Lovely photos, Violet!

Violet N. said...

Thank you Linda! Our climate is a lot like Seattle's, so though we are north of the U.S., our nearness to the ocean tempers our climate a lot.

CallingForth said...

First signs of spring are so refreshingly beautiful...with at least 3 feet of snow here it will be awhile before signs of spring begin to appear! Your walks take you to many beautiful places - thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...