Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2007

lilacs


Yesterday I brought in my first cut flower bouquet of the season. The lilacs have been beckoning to me through the kitchen window ever since they opened a few days ago. Last night I resisted no more but went out, cut a few along with some astilbe leaves, and set them on the dining room table.

I think I waited a day or so too long, though. For already they’re shedding their four-petalled blooms – reminding me, that’s what happens when one doesn’t seize the moment at the moment. Also, I was optimistic if I thought their subtle fragrance would mask the heavy notes of latex paint. Even so, they sure do add a nice oasis of graciousness to a house, which feels more chaotic than peaceful lately in our run-up to getting it ready for sale.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...