Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

God is here, now


Does God sometimes seem absent from your day? Lately he often does from mine. Oh, I know not to expect to feel God's presence all the time. The Christian life is, after all, a life of faith. But I'm thinking how easy it is to do one's quiet time thing in the morning, and then go blithely into the day - alone.

This morning on reflecting about this, I thought of some questions I can ask myself to change focus. (What's that verse - "Come near to God and He will come near to you"?*)

- What is my first thought on waking - I wonder what will go wrong today, or God has made today and I expect it to be a great one?

- Am I still carrying the small annoyances and concerns from yesterday or have I left them with Him?

- Do I listen, before the day goes into full swing, for what His plans are for my day?

- Have I opened myself up to interruptions He might place in my path?

- Do I practice thankfulness?

- When I don't know what to do, do I think to ask Him for wisdom?

- When I blow it, do I take the time to reflect on what happened and why? Do I let Him point out what inside me needs to change?


Wishing you a God-filled day.


*James 4:8

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...