Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

new - 1


He has put a new song in my mouth --
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord
- Psalm 40:3 NKJV

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
Sing to the Lord all the earth.

- Psalm 96:1 NKJV

*********

A little word of explanation. In December this Rebecca did a 12-part series on 'light.' It was all scriptures about light, and how Jesus is the light. I enjoyed it -- how the simple scripture verses stood alone yet resonated with each other and all together painted a lovely picture of light.

It was then I had the thought of doing something like that myself. And so, in keeping with January and its place at the beginning of the new year, I have put together a series of verses about 'new' things. I hope it will give you a sense of new beginnings, new life and the new hope that a new year can bring.

2 comments:

Rebecca Stark said...

This should be good!

Violet N. said...

Thanks, Rebecca. I hope you don't mind me copying your idea :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...