Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

christmas in one month!

I probably don't need to tell you, but today is one month from Christmas. Yikes!

I probably feel more geared up for Christmas than many. By now we've been working on Christmas music for months in choir. What a wonderful way to get ready for the festive season! The dates of our series of productions (six in all) are fast approaching and my calendar is packed with rehearsals.

Last night I spent about an hour working on my 'ding dongs' in "Carol of the Bells". Though the choir part is very small, the song is fast and we need to come in at the exact right time and on the right note. Add to that the fact that each 'ding-dong' segment is slightly different and it's all a bit of a challenge. Thankfully we have practice CDs.

Here's the Celtic arrangement of "Carol of the Bells" that we're doing... (turn off the automatic player by clicking on the II button - jukebox in right sidebar.)




How are you getting ready for Christmas?

1 comments:

Joanna Mallory said...

Thanks for the music, Violet. I think I'll leave this page open just to listen while I work.

Enjoy your Christmas presentations, and may they bless many ears.

Getting ready for Christmas... I've been stalling. But we have snow, and today I pulled out my Christmas teas and made a cup. Gotta start somewhere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...