Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

blueberry popsicles!

It's blueberry season. But what do you do if you haven't used up last year's?

Well, you make blueberry coffee cake, muffins, strudel, platz ...

Here's something else to try. It will get everybody, even your kids, helping with blueberry disposal without them knowing it's a project.

Make smoothies by blending frozen blueberries, yogurt, sweetener (sugar, Splenda or honey) and a tiny bit of milk to keep the blender blades from getting stuck.

Now you can drink / slurp them as smoothies or pour that all that gorgeous blue antioxidant sludge into popsicle cups and freeze for blueberry yogurt popsicles. YUM!

3 comments:

Joanna Mallory said...

How do they taste, Violet? I'm going to make some next week. I wonder if I'll need any sweetener if I use vanilla yogourt - it's already sweet.

Violet N. said...

They're good! If you use sweetened yogurt, you probably don't need any more sweetener.

PeaceLady said...

I never need to use up old blueberries bc we eat them all but the frozen popsicle idea sounds great. More fun using popsicle molds I bet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...