Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

promptings potpourri

I haven't posted this kind of link love for a while. I'd say it's about time!

Recently Judith Millar, fellow Canadian and British Columbian has started blogging. Millar Lite is her humorous take on life where she tells on herself doing things like stalking Prince Charles on twitter and ramming her kayak instructor during a lesson. Check back each Wednesday for your weekly laugh.

Do you love the hymns? Then you'll love Robert Cottrill's Wordwise Hymns blog. His posts are a hymn-lover's almanac of sorts with all manner of hymn-writers' birth and death dates, along with their contributions to the world of religious music.

Do you or does someone you know suffer from chronic pain? Then you'll want to read "Heather's story: Healing Chronic Pain and Chronic Fatigue - 'My Experience, Strength and Hope!'" - moving and insightful.

Very soon it will be back to school. If you work in a school office - here's a message suggestion for your school answering machine.


Finally, kudos to me. I finished this afghan for munchkin number two a few days ago - and just in the nick of time. Baby is due in early September!

(Dimensions: 32" wide x 42" long. I initially blew it by making it too narrow, so added the borders on each side. It works, don't you think?)

4 comments:

Addy Oberlin said...

A beautiful afghan Violet.
I will be going to my grand daughter's wedding next month and have been knitting slippers. I need to bring about 14 to cover the family ladies. There are a few more to make yet. This is just one of my little love tokens. Addy

Violet N. said...

Thanks Addy!

And you have set yourself a goal of 14 pairs of slippers? Wow - that must be some kind of record. That is a love token that will keep giving!

Judith Millar said...

Thanks for the love link "shout out" about MillarLite blog, Violet. I'm glad people are getting a chuckle from the Wed. posts, we all need that. And your afghan border works - Munchkin #2 will feel the love!

Sonia Spooner said...

So beautiful. I'm all misty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...