#32 - Victoria's Inner Harbor on a sunny day
It's been a sweet week of getting ready for holidays, some holidays, and more to look forward to. Having the laptop along is fabulous (as I knew it would be... no catching up needed when I get home; I'm writing this on Sunday night in a hotel room in Victoria!). Here with no further delay, are some of the gifts I've enjoyed up this week:
23. A loaded veggie burger.
24. A DQ hot fudge sundae — I had forgotten how good that is.
25. Hanging out for the evening with our son on Main Street in his Mount Pleasant neighbourhood.
26. Oldies 650. Love working with the old songs playing in the background.
27. Oldies Christian songs. Caught some of those tunes at my hairdresser's. Remember the Maranatha singers? Here they are singing "Make Me a Servant":
28. Hearing my lovely Persian hairdresser talking to the man whose hair she's cutting about her faith in God.
29. The smell of rich black soil. The city workers dumped a load of it then raked it into spots in the park as we walked by. The smell caught in my throat and made my heart do a little ta-dum (all it takes to get the peasant in me all excited).
30. Ice-cream in presentation in the Quay Market at the Tsawwassen ferry terminal: Okay, maybe I don't get out a lot, but I've never seen ice-cream dolled up like this before.
31. The quirky prose of Donald Miller's Through Painted Deserts.
32. Victoria's Inner Harbor on a sunny day.
33. Soft ice-cream in a fresh waffle cone (that tasted like it was just baked it was that good).
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.