I can't believe we're already into the 20s of September. It's a good thing the fall routine doesn't kick in all at once, or I'd be overwhelmed. So far, it's a good new season, made better by attentiveness to the gifts that weave through my life:
(88) Soft fall days... everything seems mellower in autumn.
(89) The colour orange.
(90) A digital bathroom scale (Not so much! But it is keeping me on the straight and narrow — sort of).
(91) Love the almond taste of apple seeds. (Does anyone else do that — eat the centres of apple seeds?)
(92) Last week at the women's weekly program at my church, I signed up for "Experiencing God," a course taught by DVD with accompanying workbook by Henry Blackaby. I think I'm in for a growth spurt!
(93) The testimony of mature saints. Maybe that sounds weird, but I'm not sure how else to say it. On Saturday our church had a leadership training meeting and they played a DVD of a conversation between some Christian leaders that have been around for a long time (Jack Hayford, Loren Cunningham, Winkie Pratney, Lloyd Ogilvie, John Perkins, Henry Blackaby, moderated by Dave Buehring).
It was beautiful, and sweet, and made me look forward to conversations we'll have in heaven. I even found a sampler for you. Watch the clip below and be blessed! (14 minutes)
Fathers of the Faith Sampler from Fathers of the Faith on Vimeo.
**************If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.