I have been neglecting to write down these gifts as I receive them, so end up reflecting back over the week Monday morning. There's always one or two things that jump out "Pick me! pick me!" This week I was sure I'd fall short of my goal of seven things (at least one for each day of the week). But as I think of it, I can easily count seven gifts from the past week and a few more ...
94.Two doses of the grandbabies were highlights as the kids stayed the night Wednesday before catching a ferry for a few days of vacation in Tofino. Wouldn't you know, they were there for the rainiest stretch of weather so far this fall. Fortunately they got back yesterday without any road washouts or floods. Many on the Island were not so fortunate.
95. Saturday night my sis took me to "On a Night Like This — James Hill and Friends." We heard Exit 58, Chalmers Doane and of course, James Hill (a ukulele virtuoso). The concert was a blend of bluegrass, old tunes, jazz, even techno (though some might call it torture). What an unlikely but totally delightful treat. As James would say — "It was so ukulele!!"
|James Hill's Ukuleles|
Nature's many lovely surprises, like these three finds from the last week.
|97. Dogwood fruit (Kousa Dogwood, I think)|
|98. Spotted Touch-me-nots|
99. Alpha starts tomorrow. My responsibilities of overseeing the setup and cleanup of the meal make it a bit of a stressful time. But so far, things have fallen into place beautifully.
100. I get to go to Turkey's today or tomorrow to buy the tablecloths and napkins for our Alpha session. I love going to Turkey's. Browsing through all their stuff makes me feel like throwing a party.
101. The Experiencing God course is so good. There's lots of homework in the accompanying workbook, but the underlining and highlighting in my book so far attest to how much I'm getting from it.
102. I heard from a mag I've written for before, on a query I sent them last week. The answer is "Yes. We want to see it" (Woot!! — Now to get a 'yes' from the interviewee, do the interview and write the piece...)