The days are shorter, the air is cooler, but mostly the calendar page has turned again. Summer is over. But the last week of summer was so fine.
72. We had a whole seven days with daughter and the grandkids. It was wonderful!
73. A girl's outing with my daughter. We went to Toy Traders, then Costco where I picked up my 2011 Polestar Family Calendar, after which we had swirl ice-cream and waffle cones.
74. The start-of-fall smell in the air. It's the sweet composty fragrance of decaying leaves together with ripe grass.
75. The house, all tranquil and airy after Saturday cleaning.
76. Wild blackberries.
77. A Sunday nap.
78. New beginnings. September always feels like the New Year to me.
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.