Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2011

considering your resolution options

Happy New Year!

Have you broken any of your New Year's resolutions yet? Or maybe you're like me, and still in the process of making them.

I usually reserve the week between Christmas and New Year's Day for thoughts of resolve. However, this year we were away in Kamloops enjoying Christmas #2 during that week. So here I am on the 2nd of January with not a concrete resolution in sight.

But I do have some resources squirrelled away to help me consider my options. If you're with me in the resolutionless boat, you might want to take a look at some of these.

  • If you'd like to pull up your socks in pretty well every department, consider adopting Andy Andrews "Seven Decisions," which include: The Responsible Decision (The buck stops here); The Guided Decision (I will seek wisdom); The Active Decision (I am a person of action) and four more. They're listed and explained on The Seven Decisions (pdf file).
Let me add one more. I've just finished writing a year's worth of daily devotions at Other Flood: daily devos, and will continue with this in 2011. I'd love it if you joined me there for the daily (linked to an online Bible) Canadian Bible Society reading and a few devotional thoughts.
  • If you're a blogger, and want your blogging to be more meaningful and God-centered in 2011, read, then download for praying over and over Ann Voskamp's "A Blogger's Prayer." (And don't miss the links to three more articles about blogging at the bottom of the page.)
  • If your resolutions tend toward housekeeping, homemaking, simplifying, tidying — that sort of thing, a good online resource is The Fly Lady. It's a huge site, heavy with how-to. A good place to start is Beginner BabySteps section.

Happy resolving to us!



Violet Nesdoly / poems

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...