Pages

Monday, January 03, 2011

goodbye 2010 (#227-241 of 1000 gifts)

We began this week in Kamloops, and now we're safe and sound at home again. We began this week in 2010 and now it's 2011. We began this week in the thick of holidays, and now it's time to get back to work. But nothing has really changed, for the gifts keep appearing.

I finished Ann's book yesterday and as a result have a whole new appreciation for the potential of noticing, naming and noting God's endless gifts to me. This week they included:

227. Lotion for winter-dry skin

228. My daughter's yummy meals — she's a much fancier cook than I am; we had Thai chicken wraps, spicy-rubbed, slow-roasted ribs. I need to collect some recipes.


229. Snuggling with an almost three-year-old and my laptop to explore spiders.


230. Playing Play Doh with an octopus-maker.



231. A one-year-old who is a constant-motion machine. Smart too. When Grandpa said 'No,' what did he do but begin plying him with kisses.


In
Out
232. Brother "Batmans"





233. A chilly but beautiful trip to Sun Peaks. It was fun, despite two melt-downs.


234. Christmas game tournaments.


235. Breaking a tooth when I bit down on a popcorn kernel. (Is this a gift, you ask. I do too. But if God's promises are true and all things truly do work out for good to those who love Him, then this uncomfortable event is also surely a gift. You see, I really have read Ann's book!)


236. The decision to drive home from Kamloops via the No. 1 instead of the Coquihalla. It was a crystal clear day and the views through the Fraser Canyon were stunning!



237. Good weather and road conditions for our drives to and from daughter's house.

238. Home, sweet home. Love, love, love my home.


239. The cinnamon-bun smell of our church on Sunday morning. (Since the opening of the coffee shop I believe they do some baking for the between service coffee-ers).

240. Purdy's chocolates.

241. That son wasn't mad when we forgot to take his Christmas gift back home with us.

**************
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.



Ann's book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are is releasing in January. But you can get the Kindle version  now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The octopus maker looks like fun. So does crawling through the tunnel of a shelf by the small one. Lots of fun and glad you've made it home safely. Happy New Year!

Meri said...

Lovely things to be thankful for!

Blessings :)
~meri
http://twofive365.blogspot.com

Waterfall said...

Ohh, I know all about those one-year-old motion machines these days! I love the picture with the towels. So excited about Ann's book--I preordered several and am just waiting patiently for it to arrive on my doorstep once it's out.

Hope your 2011 is happy and blessed!

Dianna said...

Hello, Violet. I enjoyed reading your wonderful list of gifts today! Your grandsons look like so much fun.

Thanks for stopping by today. I love meeting other grandmothers and when they are Christians it is even more fun!

Melanie said...

I love 227 and 229! We have looked up spiders, snakes... big party! ;)

Hope you have a wonderful week! It was such a blessing to find your blog today!

Blessings,
Melanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...