Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

red-letter weekend (#329 - 338 of 1000 gifts)

The house is quiet again, the toys in their green bin waiting for the trip downstairs, the bedding washed, dried and ready to be put on the bed for the next batch of company. We've just had such a fun weekend with assorted adults and two little munchkins around.

Every time I see my little grandboys, I think - This is the best age!

L., the oldest who is almost three, is currently into fish — especially after our trip to the Vancouver Aquarium on Friday. The bag of plastic fish that I bought for him on our way to the exit (through the gift shop, of course), was perfect. He carried those twelve or so water creatures, now out of their bag and threatening to spill out of his too-full arms, with him everywhere, making sure that especially the shark was never out of sight.

Other gifts I numbered this week:

330. My Brother printer — which may be on its last leg. It's starting to make some clicking noises (as if gears are slipping) which reminds me how much I appreciate this obsolete model workhorse and hope I don't have to replace it.

331. Morning coffee.

332. Sales at Mark's Work Wearhouse.

333. The Vancouver Aquarium - what a wonder-filled place!


















334. Cuddling with little L. while we explore sharks on the internet.

335. Getting in touch with my child-self (playdough and coloring books will do that).

336. My Macbook, which lets me keep up with online stuff even when my office becomes a nursery.

337. Having the whole family here for the day. Saturday felt like Christmas!

338. An exciting and deserved win for Saskatchewan at the Scotties.

************

If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.



Also linked at "On, In and Around Mondays"

On In Around button



Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s today – I know it’s Tuesday – reading lots of lists takes some time :)

Of your “thank you’s” this week my favorite was: 335. Getting in touch with my child-self (playdough and coloring books will do that). (Picked this because I figured I’d share a warning from my childhood. Playdough smells all delicious – but it doesn’t taste like it smells – just sayin’ :)

And to have grandkids – what a blessing – so true. “This is the best age!”And all those pictures!!!!!

Thank you for this – it all just made me smile – and smiles are important.

God Bless you and all of yours

Violet N. said...

Thanks Craig! You made me smile with your comment about not eating playdough. I'll try hard to restrain myself - and with the crayons too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...