It's really not hard to find and name gifts relating to the week that just was. Summer is on its way and my world is revelling in it!
475. A doctor checkup where the lab results are going in the right direction (I'm not sick,; it's all scheduled diagnostics and maintenance).
477. Another reminder of the brevity of life. (The man that was killed in the accident is my hubby's cousin. We were planning to get reacquainted with him and his family at a big family reunion this summer...)
478. A glimpse into that family member's salt-of-the-earth contribution to home, community and church (which I experienced second-hand from hubby's enthusiastic report. I minded the home front while he took a whirlwind trip to Saskatchewan to attend the funeral).These humble heroes are all around us too. The challenge is to notice them and appreciate their contributions before they are gone.
480. While hubby was gone, I spent about two-thirds of a day cleaning the garage. That felt good!!
484. My hanging baskets are up (I love the Costco garden centre!).
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.