Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

a january dream come true (#829-840 of 1000 gifts)

"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

It's been a while since I've done a 1000 gifts update. Of course the blessings haven't stopped. Here's a quick overview of my thankfulnesses since my last 1000 gifts posting (a month ago!).

829. An honest evaluation of my novel from a trusted writer/editor/friend who knows about such things. There is much work to do before I submit the final draft!

830. I found two books to help me with the edit (James Scott Bell's Conflict and Suspense, and Revision & Self-Editing). Both excellent!

831. A Kindle e-reader on which to download them in mere seconds.

832. A fabulous, dream-come-true, 15-day winter vacation on Maui (I'll be blogging some of the highlights in the days ahead).



833. Safe trans-Pacific flights to and from Kahului with luggage to meet us both away and home again.

834. Good health for the duration.

835. We found our car on the huge Vancouver long-term parking lot when we got back. Don't laugh. We've lost it in much smaller places.

836. All was safe and sound at home when we got back.

837. A dependable washer and dryer to wash the summer togs, which now need to go back into storage (*sigh*).

838. The comforts of our familiar home.

839. A "Yes" from qarrtsiluni (for the "Imitation" issue).

840. My review of A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider was pub'd in the January/February issue of Faith Today.

***********

If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.



Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...