Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

soldiering on (#853-860 of 1000 gifts)

"Persistence is not a long race; it is many short races one after another." - Walter Elliott

I am in the middle of a book edit. It's a scary time. I know, in my imagination, what I want to achieve. But sometimes it feels like I'll never get there.

My temptation is avoidance. The fridge beckons. So does the TV. I am fighting the urge to tidy my office. Sometimes I daydream lists of things I'll do when this is finished. I try to make the job less overwhelming by setting small goals. One chapter at a time. Just do it!

853. I am thankful that I cleared the deck of my life to have time to do this.

854. Spring is starting to show her lovely face.

Snowdrops

Pussy Willows

855. The fans have done their work and the house is dry.

856. A Valentine dinner with hubby at Galini's.


857. I left my editing seclusion on Wednesday morning to spend time with friends at Women By Design. So glad I did.

858. For some hours on Saturday I watched Whitney Huston's funeral. It was sad and beautiful and even uplifting—a huge testimony to the importance of faith in God and what's important in life.


859. Our church begins its annual month of missions emphasis each year with a flag parade. The photo below was yesterday. Love it!

A parade of flags starts our annual missions emphasis

860. Church + a walk by the river + lunch at Ricky's + curling (on TV) = a perfect Sunday in February.

Dragon Boat training on the Fraser River

***********

If  you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts,  please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts  on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on  how to join are here.





Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...