Pages

Sunday, September 03, 2006

meme-ish

Catez at Allthings2all has tagged me for the latest meme. It's been so long since I've done one of these, I feel creaky - but here goes...


1.Are you craving anything and if so, what?
Cheesecake slathered in peaches would be nice! But it just turned September and I have some resolutions to keep.

2. What is the weather outside, and do you wish it would change?
The weather is beautiful – sun, light breeze and warm (24 C at the beaches, pressing towards 30 inland). It’s supposed to stay this way for the next week. There are only two reasons I’d want it to change: I’m tired of watering my flower baskets but can’t bring myself to stop and be guilty of plantanasia, and there’s a tourist town on the coast of Vancouver Island (Tofino) whose reservoir is nearly dry and where they’ve had to close hotels and cancel events because of the water situation. For their sake I wish it would rain – although it would be fine if they got the rain while it stayed sunny here.

3. What two websites do you think you will go to next after you are finished here? I’m thinking bloglines, which opens 30-40 possibilities!

4. Do you wish you were somewhere else and if so, where?
Actually no, I’m fine here (where a fan is keeping me cool, and a guitar is playing Debussy’s Pavane in E minor). In fact, we just came home from being away for a week and as usual, while away I could hardly wait to get home. I’m a very boring homebody.

5. Do you wish you were someone else, and if so, who?
I would like to live for one week as Mother Theresa (who of course is long dead). I have read about her and some of her writings. Her life seemed so simple, other-centered and unencumbered with this world and its trappings, and yet satisfying. She fascinated me.


In meme tradition, I now need to tag someone to join in. How about three J's - Jan (and I see Jan's blog has made the finals for Best Family Blog in the 2006 Okie Blog Awards - Yoo-hoo Jan!!), and Julana, and Joyce? If you’ve already done it or you’d rather not, that’s absolutely fine! Of course anyone else who'd like to join in - please do!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...