Pages

Thursday, September 07, 2006

yet another garden moment!

I thought I was about done with garden moments for this year. But plants are nothing if not surprising. This surprise was in the planter – the one that’s been slowly but surely taking over my patio.

It has several plants in it that have never bloomed. I assumed they were chosen for foliage only. One of those has reddish stems with green leaves that merge into pink – like a delicate blushing. It’s a beautiful plant and I had no trouble understanding why some flower basket maker chose it.

Then two days ago I saw something hanging from below those pretty leaves. On close inspection I discovered my beautiful but barren plant now had crops of buds. Today one of those buds opened and lo a fuchsia – which has just started blooming. It made my week!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...