My list of 1000 gifts continues. This week's edition:
103. Summery fall weather in the week just past with day after day of warm sunshine. (I totally forgive you, Spring, for taking so long to come. Your sister Autumn has made up for your malingering by staying on and on. Autumn, please hang around as long as you can!).
104. Nature's macrame
105. The taste of new carrots.
106. Podcasts. I've been listening to the talks from the Desiring God Conference last weekend in Minneapolis. If you have time for just one, listen to Francis Chan on the topic: "Think Hard, Stay Humble: The Life of the Mind and the Peril of Pride" (audio version, about 1 hr. 8 min.)
107. Automatic laundry, with my washer and dryer on the bedroom floor; love the no-stairs thing.
108. My hanging planter which, now that it's October, has decided to give it up for me in the fuchsia department.
109. Hubby's sciatic back is getting better (he's getting old and creaky).
110. Naps (because I'm getting old and sleepy).
111. Tea with a dear, dear friend who looks fabulous despite her "C" diagnosis.
112. Chestnuts. They have a grain and look like polished wood!
113. B.C. Lions won on Saturday night — in the last seconds no less. (I'm not an avid fan, but someone in the house is, so our home is a happier place when they win.)
114. Thanksgiving weekend — coming up!!
115. This morning, a tiny wonder of creation. (Yes, that is a Canadian penny.)