Pages

Monday, April 09, 2012

spring—it's busting out! (#904- 918 of 1000 gifts)

"Forsythia is pure joy. There is not an ounce, not a glimmer of sadness ... in forsythia. Pure, undiluted, untouched joy." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh


"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gibran



We are being visited by spring! What a wonderful break from winter, and just on time for the long weekend. As spring establishes herself, the gifts of color and new life multiply. I just love this time of year!

904. A postcard from my Alma Mater Bible school that reminds: "What's my purpose?... I want to find a purpose before finding a career. That purpose can only be found in Jesus, through a life of service to Him" - E. a 3rd year student.

905. Finished reading and reviewing Rumors of Water. I love how a good writing book gives me a shot in the arm.

906. A matins singer.


907. A joint Good Friday service involving many of the evangelical churches in our community. This year's was one of the best ever. I especially enjoyed the worship set led by Pastor Cory Alstad of the North Langley Community Church. (It's interesting how different churches have different musical repertoires. Now there's a reason for a pilgrimage...)



908. During the time the communion elements were distributed, Valentina Beyard did sand art. That is, she drew with her fingers using sand as 'paint.' Light shone up through the transparent sand table, and her creations were projected. We watched fascinated as her hands and fingers flew across the screen, creating scenes of Jesus' life, holy week, and the crucifixion. (Watch Valentina do sand art at last year's Christmas production.)



909. A Friday outing to Boundary Bay Park in Tsawwassen with hubby.



910. A Saturday outing with friends to Aldergrove and Cultus Lake.

My garden is blessing me with

911. Gigantea Chionodoxa (there must be a simpler name—just quoting the packaging in my stash of garden instructions).


912. Siberica Scilla.


913. Hyacinth.


914. The Easter bunny visiting my little display. (My photo frame has hundreds of photos which keep cycling at about 3-minute intervals. It was serendipitous indeed to notice the rabbit; I had to take a photo.)



915. My sis arrived for Easter dinner with a basket she put together for me: Geranium, Ranunculus and two kinds of mint! (I love that girl!)






916. There is poetry all over the place this poetry month. I even found the star of my Easter feast, an orzo salad with spinach, olives, and feta cheese through poetry. Children's poet Linda Ashman shared the recipe on Jama Rattigan's Poetry Potluck 2012 (where each day of the week she features another poet and a recipe from her/him — yum!)

917. This morning the park was alive with more birdsong than ever.

918. This robin was looking particularly dapper. 




************


If  you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts,  please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts  on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on  how to join are here.




Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...