Pages

Monday, April 02, 2012

poetic spring (#891-903 of 1000 gifts)

"Poetry ... makes everything richer because your ability to pay attention is so sharpened. It's a way of seeing the world, and of being in the world ..." - Tess Gallagher.

It's hard to believe that one quarter of the 2012 is already past and yesterday we stepped into the second quarter and the month of April. April is always a special month for me because it holds several significant family birthdays and has the status of National Poetry Month.

891. We're definitely getting action on the spring front. This may not be a big deal to most folks, but it is to me, seeing as how we missed the bout of summer the rest of the continent experienced for a few days in March.



892. I love all the yellow. These daffodils, for example. They're not mine though.


893. This one is mine. This is the ONE daffodil that braved my garden. What happened to the others? I don't know, but I won't scold this one because the others didn't arrive. (Note to self: Next fall, plant some fresh bulbs so spring won't find you whining about no flowers!).



894. Last week's fun poetry reading in Abbotsford.

895. I also had time to update the MSA PPS website and clean up the Shop page.

896. I found the book about photography I bought a while ago but then couldn't find since we moved. Of course it was buried on my own shelf.

897. Salmonberries in bloom.



898. The fuzzy flowers of trees.



899. An errand morning which meant three things ticked off my 'to-do' list.

900. Yellow forsythia.




901. Azaleas have begun their flashy spring parade with this hot pink variety.



902. Even the shy background park trees are decked out like brides (well, this one is more of a bridesmaid).



903. Books of all kinds, paper and e. Especially I love free e-books, like this one (which was free last week, but I see is now a whopping $.99).
***********

If  you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts,  please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts  on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on  how to join are here.





Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...