Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2005

party on!

A short item on the news tonight grabbed my attention. Apparently there’s a new brand of tools out there, designed just for women and being marketed through – you guessed it – parties!!

So if you’ve joined the trend of do-it-yourself women, if you’ve lately fantasized about owning your very own plumbing kit, drywall kit or drill bit set (in beautiful colors, ergonomically designed to fit your smaller hands with lots of rubber grip to assist in ‘torque’ -- and I'll bet to guard against breaking a nail), or if it’s simply a matter of your friends being maxed out in the Tupperware, Mary Kay, Party Lites, Pampered Chef etc. department, check out Tomboy Tools.

Of course, I wouldn’t know much about home renovation – judging by these words. Neither would my husband, judging by the trickling toilet tank and the bathroom faucet that’s been leaking now for about a year. So I’m thinking the description of what they do at these parties (besides pushing tools) – "learn drywall and plaster repair, leaky faucet and toilet repair"– sounds pretty good. Hmm, I wonder if the hostess earns bonus credits when she's the one providing that leaky faucet and toilet for demonstration? (But then, what would I do with those credits anyway!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...