Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

4 x 4 meme

The lovely Rebecca has tagged me in the 4x4 meme. So in this utterly self-absorbed post I will proceed to tell four facts about myself in four categories.

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Nurse’s aide in a nursing home (my first job).

2. Unit clerk in a hospital (then called ‘Ward Clerk’).

3. Life insurance sales rep (HA! – and not for long!!)

4. Elementary school teacher.


Four places I’ve lived:
1. On a farm north of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

2. Saskatoon, Sk.

3.Vancouver, B.C. (Kitsilano area in the late 60s, early 70s. I can still smell the patchouli.)

4. Hazelton B.C.


Four vacations I’ve taken:
1. Queen Charlotte Islands - ten days one August, biking from Massett to Sandspit with two other teachers.

2. A six-week western Canadian camping trip with my younger sister, just after she graduated from high school. We started in Saskatoon and looped through Banff, Radium, the Kootenays, Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island Victoria to Tofino, back to the mainland and Hazelton, Fort St. John, Jasper and home.

3. Two six-week summer school stints at Regent College in Vancouver. During those summers I took a course on Acts from John Stott, a course on Hebrews from Leon Morris and I actually drove Dr. Morris and his wife to the dentist.

4. Four months traveling across Europe with a friend. Those were in the days when backpacking across Europe was considered the standard cure for lebensangst.


Four vehicles I’ve owned:
1. 1968 Valiant (with a V8 motor - this car had zip!)

2. 1972 Datsun B210 (gutless)

3. 1981 Subaru

4. 1990 Mazda Protege (I loved this reliable car)


Four blogs I’d like to tag for this 4x4 meme:
1. Irene (if you visit her site, make sure your speakers are on).

2. Carol (who I met through Rebecca's post featuring Canadian bloggers a few weeks ago).

3. Julana (although she’s probably already been tagged)

4. Dulciana (who has just put up a spiffy new blog!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...