Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

yesterday a parcel

Yesterday I got a parcel - of books!

In it: The Poetry Dictionary - by John Drury, Book Proposals that $ell by W. Terry Whalin and this beauty.

The Essential Guide to Making Handmade Books by Gabrielle Fox is gorgeous! It has photos and illustrations galore of tunnel books, accordion books, Jacob’s Ladder books, carousel books etc., and at the end of each chapter a Gallery of Ideas - photos showing various more ways that style of book can be made up (and the sweet part is I got it for $5.00!! - no lie!).

Writer’s Digest Bookclub is my ultimate temptation. I can only stand a few months between orders. I actually ordered the bookmaking book and the poetry dictionary in December. When they didn’t come for two months I inquired and found they never got my order. They told me to reorder, but I was sure they’d charge me the present price for the two books I ordered off a limited-time-offer bargain-basement-priced pamphlet.

But they didn’t! Writer’s Digest Bookclub - I love you!

In the same (sort-of: handmade books = scrapbooking?) category, Scrapblog is a place where you can scrapbook and blog together - for free!

Hat tip: Bloggers Blog

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...