Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2006

can I keep it -- please?

It’s still the insect time of year here.

If one were a collector (as we used to be, scooping creepy-crawlies into plastic tubs filled with leaves, held captive by lids that we’d punched full of holes) wouldn’t these caterpillars in their fashionable faux fur be a trophy?



I’m actually partial to slugs myself – the banana ones that match my earmuffs.



Today, though, a little creature invited itself right into our house. E. was taking apart the lettuce to wash it when he found this healthy specimen. “Can I keep it please?” he asked, carrying it into my workroom on a towel.




Sure little boy.


I guess if there’s one thing that worm proves, it’s that the claims of organic lettuce at our veggie store aren’t empty!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...