Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

a God-wink


Sometimes God reminds me that He knows me very well and is "intimately acquainted with all my ways." Such a reminder came last week.

On Monday morning while doing some jobs in the kitchen, I was listening to the radio. Our local talk show host was interviewing a policeman on how successful they are at getting convictions for drunk drivers. Not very – because of the way lawyers who defend them get them off by using technicalities, plea bargain serious convictions down to lesser ones, and use case law to get sentences that are slight.

Our legal system is a burr in my saddle at the best of times. So I fired off an email - to the show’s host with my own homemade solution to the problem, after which I thought – I wonder if he’ll read it. However, I certainly didn’t have the time to hover around the radio to find out.

The next day, Tuesday, a few minutes before noon, I flicked on the radio again as I began preparing lunch. Not two seconds later the producer (of the same show I’d sent the email to the day before), who was apparently winding up the program by reading listener responses, read my email from the day before.

What are the chances that it would get read on-air and, further, that I be listening at that precise moment to hear it? Yet it happened. The God who knew the thing I desired, brought it to pass, though I hadn’t even expressed it in a formal prayer.

This little incident comforted me. Surely if God sees and acknowledges my so insignificant desire with an answer, I can trust that He also knows my more serious ones and will bring them to pass in His good time.

You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down
And are (intimately – NASB) acquainted with all my ways.
- Psalm 139:2,3 NKJ

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...