Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

summer joy (#606 - 622 of 1000 gifts)

"He who bends to himself a Joy
Doth the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the Joy as it flies
Lives in Eternity's sunrise" — William Blake

We have had some joy-filled weeks — and flying was part of them. A vacation trip and a lot of little blessings along the way have been gifts I've enjoyed during the last two weeks.


606. On July 29th flew from B.C. to Saskatchewan for a family reunion of hubby's side of the family. We got back last Wednesday. I't's always a gift to have an enjoyable, safe trip, and then arrive home to find everything intact and just as we left it.


607. The wonderful family I belong to, courtesy hubby.

608. Aunt Helen's home-baked cinnamon buns for breakfast, pies for dessert.

609. Old things like this barn...



610. hubby's boyhood farm home...



611. vintage lino...



612. and potato-printed (?) floors.


613. Earrings that match my birthday necklace, found at the Bay while I was waiting to get a new watch battery (all thanks to the watch repair person at Sears who would not be back till 2:00, so we went somewhere else).

614. Homemade plum wine - oh my!

615. Caragana pods. They bring back so many childhood memories -- like how they were the salad, main course and dessert of many a playhouse meal.




616. A silk tree (clematis).






617. My hanging baskets survived, even thrived during my five days away thanks to my watering improvisation. Before I left, I watered them well, then set them in the shade in containers with a couple of inches of water.

618. How free I feel after a few days away from my internet tether. (I'm going to try and prolong that freedom.)

619. A room freshener straight from my garden.




620. A summer Sunday walk at Crescent Beach.



621. Cool summer evenings.

622. Blueberries. They are plump and tasty this year. We bought 25 lbs. yesterday. What do you think I'll be doing today?

************

If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.


**********

Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Ann's place. Love your list of thanksgivings. Your husbands farm house is amazing and your pictures are all beautiful. Enjoyed my visit at your site!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Beautiful photos! How fun to have a family reunion and get to see your husband's boyhood home! That is an amazing photo with the family in the windows!! The silk tree is so neat! The beach looks like so much fun. Love blueberries! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the old barn photo...and beaches. Glad you had a good time with your husbands family ...that is definite blessing!

Anna said...

This is such a joyous post. I love the photos of the barn, the boyhood home, the water, the plum wine. How wonderful your hanging baskets made it! I'll have to remember your trick next time I need to be gone. I commented on your other blog also.
(and, I'm a new twitter follower) :)

Violet N. said...

Thanks so much, Beck, Jennifer, Susan and Anna for stopping by and leaving a note! Thanks too, Anna, for following on Twitter. I've visited each of your blogs and I am filled up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...