Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2005

promptings' potpourri

My secret nickname for Jan of The Happy Homemaker is Queen of Eclectica (which should probably be ‘Eclecticism’ but that sounds like a cult!). This week she introduces readers to millefiori and the world of paperweights. Gorgeous. Check them out!

I love aprons! I’ve kept that my little secret, because aprons are rarely worn these days. Imagine my delight, then, when I discover, after a short hiatus from reading blogs, that posts about aprons are popping up all over the place. Rebecca has collected several which are pretty cool. If I had a digital camera, I could add a few more aprons to the mix. (Validated by blogdom again!)

Finally, a couple of days ago, I heard a snatch of an interview by a man who calls himself Professor Bernie. He’s written some pretty enticing books which, if I still had kids in school, I’d probably buy. They teach kids how to write essays and term papers and how to do well on exams. In other words, they fill in a lot of the gaps left by the public school system. He’s also made a video/DVD. (And no, I’m not being paid for this commercial!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...