Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

april is poetry month


April is National Poetry Month in Canada, as it is in the States. There are all manner of poetic celebrations (readings and shows etc) going on; I'm not sure I'm taking part in any of them, though. But I have decided to celebrate this month in another way.

Robert at Poetic Asides has challenged poets everywhere to write a poem a day during this month. I am going to take up the challenge. I'll probably not be posting them all publicly - though I may put up a few here. (We can also put them in the comment box at Poetic Asides and join in on the poetic fellowship!)

Don't know what to write about? Robert has promised a prompt for each day of the month. Check out today's prompt here.

Now, Violet, go write a poem!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...