Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

this was one fine day

What a fabulicious day! For starters, the sun was shining and it was warm - as in over 20!

We started off by taking a trip to the Angel Christian Supplies store in South Surrey to spend some gift certificates. It's not often hubby and I are let loose in a bookstore with $90 spend! Here's what we bought:

- The Call by Os Guinness (this is a copy to replace the one I borrowed from my s.i.l., and then began highlighting - bad bad. I will send her this new clean copy).

- Desiring God by John Piper.

- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson.

- Jerusalem Countdown by John Hagee (hubby's choice for his reading)

- The Best of Stuart Townend Live...(a double CD which we're both going to love! S.T. has written new-hymn favorites like "In Christ Alone.")

Next we went to the White Rock beach for a walk. It was clear, warm, bright and we had lots of company!


Our third stop was the Ocean Park Hall, where my nephew's wife had a craft table at the "Celebrating Grace" Artisan Show. She has begun this business of sewing baby blankets, bibs, burp cloths and baby clothes. Most of her things are bold 100% cotton print on one side, lined with the softest fuzzy fleece, called 'minky.' She gave Sonia a blanket for the new baby, so I know her things are beautiful. How about this absolutely sentimental-journey bib I bought for someone special! She calls her business Superfly Lullabies and sells lots of stuff online at her Etsy story, which you can visit here (nice stuff!).


Then it was home for lunch, and watch the rest of the men's curling game from the Ford World's between Canada and Norway. Canada won - so they're in the final tomorrow.

And last, I indulged in my first gardening jag. I spent over two hours weeding all the places there wasn't grass. Now it looks tidy and ever so springy, with the daffodils, hyacinths and anemones in bloom, and very soon, the tulips to pop. There are also lilies coming up as well as the red shoots of my very own peony plant. How sweet is that!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...