Pages

Monday, March 21, 2005

a bible minute

Today my Bible reading took me to Psalm 27.

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." (verse 4)

But isn’t Sunday the day for being ‘in the house of the Lord’? Yet David’s idea here captures my imagination. I see an inner chapel, where I can go to be with God any day of the week, any time of the day.

The closest experience to describe this, as I imagine it, is when you’ve just fallen in love, and in your mind, you can’t stay out of the room of that thought. No matter what happens – whether you lock yourself out of your car, or burn the rice, or get sick, or whatever– you can slip back into that room and bask in the knowledge of your beloved’s love. It anchors your day. It paints everything in light. In spite of everything, you breathe the air of joy.

God, please remind me to go to my heart’s chapel often today, to gaze on Your beauty and to remind myself of our love. I’m wondering, would it even be possible to permanently move into that room?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...