Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2006

A+ for customer service


Since I first discovered them at Costco, I don’t know how many years ago now, I’ve used The Polestar Family Calendar. These coil-bound family day planners are not only attractive and practical with their colorful covers, line drawings interspersed with wise sayings, and week-at-a-glance format, but they also have lots of back-page goodies like a planning calendar for the next year, family profile pages, pages to list items borrowed, loaned, stored, lots of blank pages, and a pocket back cover to hold stray papers.

I have been gradually getting my 2006 calendar in shape, entering birthdays, anniversaries etc. I was doing that on Saturday when, looking to enter a birthday in October, I discovered my calendar was missing not only October, but September and November as well. It went straight from August to December. That was a bit disorienting (and I hope not a prediction of what this year holds for me). It certainly made the thing unusable.

Where to go to replace it? Since I got the book at Costco way back in September, and knowing they sell out well before the end of the year, I knew that I couldn’t go there to get another. The Polestar company does have a web site, though. On a form at their comments link I described my problem, submitted it and hoped for the best.

I got a nice email on Monday saying they would certainly replace the book. But I could hardly believe it when my new 2006 Polestar Family Calendar arrived in the mail yesterday (Wed.) first thing in the morning! That’s great customer service in my books.

So, I’d like to give the Polestar Calendar company (B.C.-based too, in the Slocan Valley) a plug. Not only do they put out a beautiful and practical day planner, but their customer service is the best!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...