Pages

Monday, February 20, 2006

java and a 24-meme

Drink up, Vicki at Windows to My Soul. You'll need that caffeine burst to get through the 24-meme you tagged me for, below...

You Are a Plain Ole Cup of Joe

But don't think plain - instead think, uncomplicated
You're a low maintenance kind of girl... who can hang with the guys
Down to earth, easy going, and fun! Yup, that's you: the friend everyone invites.
And your dependable too. Both for a laugh and a sympathetic ear.


1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4...
“...burst through the brown earth and the ashes and everything.”- The Book of Small, Emily Carr

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch.
A cute snowman gift enclosure card which I saved and left sitting on my CPU since Christmas!

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
The 6-o’clock news on Global

4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
7:30

5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
7:59

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The click, click of the second hand of the Westclox wall clock and my husband’s computer keyboard from the other room....oh, and there’s the sound of kind of vehicle, maybe a truck, on our street.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
At 3:00 p.m. I went for a walk after a long drive, Abbotsford and back, to take Mum to see her friends for Monday coffee hour at the place she used to live.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Papers and more papers on my desk.

9. What are you wearing?
Shades of black, with a bit of red in the pattern of my sweater.

10. Did you dream last night?
No. You’re not getting me there - I already told too many dreams on this blog!

11. When did you last laugh?
Very lately... but can’t remember exactly when as I don’t keep a laugh log.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
- Two framed Kim Jacobs puzzles - “Conservatory” and “Sewing Room”,
- Four Ken Gibbs paintings of children, made into cards
- A pen-and-ink drawing of a child’s face with an adult hand on his head. Under the drawing: “Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to Me and I do not forbid them, for of such is the Kingdom of heaven.’ And he laid His hands on them.” Matthew 19:14,15
- A black and white Westclox wall clock.
- a messy bulletin board
- a small wooden craft wall hanging with a heart and the saying: “A Friend, Like an old quilt, is both a treasure and a comfort.”

13. Seen anything weird lately?

What about this?



or this


or this?

14. What do you think of this quiz?
Long - very long.

15. What is the last movie you saw?
“Chronicles of Narnia”

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Several houses in the Village of Hope in Uganda for the AIDs orphans, a nice townhouse in White Rock for us, and then I’d buy a little time to think about how to spend the rest by putting what was left in the bank.

17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
I dislike most melons; they are one fruit I will refuse to eat.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
No more need for alcohol, street drugs etc, i.e. no more need for help from destructive sources.

19. Do you like to dance?
Yes, when I know the steps.

20. George Bush?
Hmmm

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
It was. I’d stick with the name we chose (Sonia Marie).

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Again I’d stick with the name we chose for our boy which was our second-born (Benjamin Walter)

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes. England. Portugal. Hawaii would be nice.

24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
“Violet, you did exactly what you were created to do; well done! Now, are you ready for your next assignment?”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...