Pages

Friday, August 03, 2007

stargazer

My stargazer lily is in bloom. The amazing thing is, I did nothing except water it to help it along.

I got the lily last year as a gift from my friend. It bloomed magnificently but I wasn't sure what to do with it after that. I thought of transplanting it into the garden, but I haven't had a lot of luck with other lilies there. They seem to diminish year by year, as if something is eating their roots. In the end I didn't do anything - just left it in its pot.

I was thrilled when I saw shoots coming from the ground in spring. We had a rather rambunctious winter with some sharp cold spells and I feared the plant might be dead. But it shot up higher than ever and now is in glorious bloom. I can only think it enjoys having its roots hugged.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...