Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

exposed!


Exposed


Through the summer night and day
Spider spins her life away,
Weaving gossamer entrapments
For her unsuspecting prey.

Threads from clothes upon the line,
Between my beans upon the vine
And when I go through my front door,
I break more threads ticklish and fine.

Until one frosty day in fall
From tiny shrubs to pine tree tall
Each lacy trap in white is sketched.
The frost has come, exposing all!

© 2002 by V. Nesdoly 
*****************
This poem came true today - only it wasn't frost that exposed the spider webs, but dew. I have been waiting forever to see this phenom again with just the right lighting and camera in hand (I wrote the ditty after the first sighting some years ago). Today was my lucky day!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...