Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

the last post

Well, not exactly. But I may not be posting much during November. On the other hand, I may be here more than usual. It's really hard to say right now how writing a novel (yep, I've registered for NaNoWriMo and will try to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days) will affect posting here at the blog. I may be silenced by exhaustion or so stoked after logging my daily quota of words, the excitement is too much to hold in.  (I'll be tracking daily progress on my NaNo profile.)

In other news - I went shopping yesterday. Yep - braved the mall to fill up our two Boxes of Love (shoeboxes of gifts for orphans in Zambia and due at church tomorrow). Of course after avoiding shopping for a while, I had a list of other stuff to buy as well. Spent probably two hours at Wal-Mart. (I'm such a dithering shopper - choose A, find B, put back A, rethink, put back B and look for C...).

But I did have some fun too. Like buying these dolls. Aren't they cute?




My great-niece is coming to Vancouver for her annual checkup at Children's Hospital next week. We're meeting the family for the afternoon one day - so decided auntie needed to bring a present for her and little sis.

And bought these sweet boots at my favorite shoe store (20% off too).



They're called 'Biker.' I'm not a biker, not even a hiker. But despite the racy name, I think we'll get on. We had a date this morning; first impressions are good.  How about the cool side zippers. Tie them up once, zip forever after. Love it!

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Good luck on the novel. Get good ideas in those shoes!

Violet N. said...

Thank you, J!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...