Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

more little things (#670-683 of 1000 gifts)

"I know well that happiness is in little things." - John Ruskin

Yes, indeed, Mr. Ruskin, as is gratitude.  And so I continue on with my list of little things that make me happy and grateful...

670. A week of summer! If I complain about the weather in the days ahead, remind me of the week just past.

671. Breakfast on the deck, soaking up the morning sun.

672. Our placid river in the morning.


Lots of fall beauties...

673. Spotted Jeweled Touch-me-nots blooming beside the creek.


674. Butter-and-eggs I think these are, though they are not spiky, as my wildflower book suggests, so maybe they're something else.


675. A fun Saturday morning at the Good Times Cruise-In with streets and streets of old cars.


676. A Sunday walk at Mud Bay Park.


677. Late summer asters.


678. Even loosestrife and thistle have their beauty.


679. An assignment finished and delivered early.

680. Another published book review.


681. Reading a fascinating book about heaven.

682. A bumper crop of blackberries...



683. ...with more on the way.


************

If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.


**********


Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...