Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

odds & ends

I’ve felt tongue-tied in the face of the tragedy, still playing out in southeast Asia. Dory of Wittenberg Gate posts a wonderful piece, "The Guilt of Survivors" dealing with one aspect of this.

Joe Carter at the evangelical outpost has posted a fifth installment of "How to Start a Blog - Owning a Micro-Niche." Something in me balks at his advice here. I guess if this article has done anything for me, it’s made me aware of the fact, I don’t want to be an "A list" blogger. I don’t want to curb myself to one topic or write about the same thing every day. Neither do I want to run ads on my blog. I love being part of the tail. My niche will continue to be "Miscellaneous."

Terry Whalin, writer and fiction acquisitions editor at Howard Publishing blogs at The Writing Life. His post, "Get Organized," has excellent new year’s resolution-type advice for writers and non-.

A wonderful French program developed for home schoolers has come to my attention. It looks so interesting, I wish my kids were young again so I could try it out on them.

My article, "Windows Along the Way," is this week’s member showcase article at Faithwriters.

6 comments:

Violet N. said...

Tulip Girl, thanks for dropping by! What a great saying - I'm going to add it to my collection... never can have too many reasons to avoid the housework, now, can we?

Kim said...

Violet, didn't your daughter just get engaged? Perhaps you could try out that new French program with future grandchildren? :-)

I agree with you about having the type of blog that contains the same thing every day. The blogs I like the most are ones with a lot of variety, including yours!

Violet N. said...

Aw Kim, thanks...

Trying that French program on grandkids is certainly a possibility - although 'counting' and 'chickens' and 'before' and 'hatched' are words that also come to mind in relation to such a long-range thoughts:)

Terry Whalin said...

Thank you, Violet, for the kind words about my new blog. My appreciation. Terry The Writing Life

Violet N. said...

Thanks for dropping by, Terry. Best wishes for a lots of traffic your way in '05!

Violet N. said...

Good to see you here, JimCee! You'll enjoy FaithWriters - lots of great people and a great grapevine for writing opportunities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...