Pages

Friday, July 08, 2005

life trumps blogging

I feel speechless over yesterday’s London attacks. It’s as if on September 11, 2001, the (western) world lost its innocence. Every new attack like this is a reminder. Our leaders so need our prayers! (I guess the silent rebuke to me is, why am I not as troubled at the lives lost in the same senseless way around the world every day.)

Here is today's pay-attention thought:

Remember your creator before the silver cord is loosed
Or the golden bowl is broken
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain
Or the wheel broken at the well.
- Ecclesiastes 12:6 NKJV


~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a happier note, today we go visit the newlyweds! Yesterday I bought a housewarming gift – a frivolous but beautiful stained glass circle thing with a holder for a tea candle behind it so the light shines through the colored glass. (I'm sure a washing machine would be more appreciated -- right Sonia!?)

We are also taking the couple of totes of Sonia’s stuff the kids left here when they came through on their honeymoon – no room in the truck, they said. Well, we’ll find room in the car. Now that my little girl has a home of her own, I feel some urgency to divest my home of all her stuff. (What is that? It’s not wanting to be rid of her, for sure. But in some way I just feel I want the deck cleared.)

So it’s time to fill up the travel mug with this morning’s brew (the distinctive house blend we call Star-Max Bucks-Well, a dark, full-bodied coffee guaranteed to kick-start any day – YOWSA!) and hit the road.

(All that to say, bye-bye blog few days.)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...